What to do when death occurs
Before death occurs, here are a few pointers that to think through to ensure smooth planning of the funeral:
- What kind of religious service to be held for the funeral?
- What is the duration of the wake?
It’s usually 3, 5 or 7 days.
- Where will the wake be held?
At the void deck, house or funeral service hall?
Mount Vernon Sanctuary offers comfortable and tranquil funeral service halls in the heart of Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.mountvernon.com.sg.
- Cremation or burial services?
- If cremation is carried out, where will the niche be?
Here is a list of public columbarium:
- Besides placing niches in columbariums, there are also other ways to handle the ashes of loved ones:
- Sea Burial
A practice where cremated remains are dispersed into the sea, making it carefree and with the sea as the eternal resting place.
For more information Our Services > Sea Burial
- Algordanza Memorial Diamonds
Algordanza transforms human ashes into beautiful memorial diamonds. In the Rhaeto – Romanic language, the word “Algordanza” is an expression for “Remembrance”.
When a loved one passes on, we are often left with fond memories, and also a feeling of emptiness. Having a Memorial Diamond helps us fill the void and remember our loved ones in a precious and special way.
For more information, please visit www.algordanza.sg
- Death of a loved one overseas
If death occurs out of Singapore, or if a foreigner passes away in Singapore, please contact our affiliate company www.flyinghome.com.